Solutions that can save you from a home fire destroying your most important investment.
Stovetop cooking is one of the leading causes of home fires. Many times people put something on the stove and leave it unattained and when they least expect it a fire has erupted. The solution is to give anything that’s on top of your stove your undivided attention. But in case you leave the kitchen, installing a smoke alarm can help detect and warn you of a possible fire.
Smoking is the third most common cause of home fires. Such fires can occur as smokers lose track of their burning butts, which then come in contact with flammable surfaces such as couches. The solution is to go outside your home instead of smoking indoors. Also, submerge your cigarette in water before you throw it away to make sure they are completely extinguished.
Faulty electrical cords are another top cause of home fires. These cords can send sparks to flammable surfaces and start a fire. The solution is to check your electrical cords regularly to make sure they are safe.
Candles are also among the most common sources of home fires since they have open flames. The solution is never leave a traditional candle unsupervised or a simpler solution is to substitute them for battery-operated candles.
Heaters are another fire starter in the winter months. Portable space heaters can start a great deal of trouble, when sheets or window curtains accidentally come in contact with the unit. The solution is to give heaters at least 3 feet of space all around in order to avoid any danger.
For more information, please visit www.FirstProtector.com.