Summer Dog Care Tips
Your dog is an extension of your family and during the hot summer months especially, you will need to ensure they remain healthy and safe. If your dog is exposed to high temperatures and humidity without adequate shelter and plenty of water, they can suffer organ damage or die. The dog care tips below are a good reminder of how to take care of a dog during this time of year.
- Give your outdoor dogs plenty of shade. Tree shades and tarps provide good protection because they don’t block air flow. The sun’s angle changes with the seasons, so be aware of shifting shade patterns. Providing shade is most important between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. If the heat and humidity soar really high, it is safest to bring your dog inside if you can.
- A cool water supply is important. Make sure your
… Read the rest
What is Green Living?
Everyone may have their own personal definition of what Green Living means to them. But green living is basically making conscious decisions where you consider the impact your decisions have on the environment and earth – or being environmentally friendly. These home related green tips will be beneficial for both you and the environment, giving you the ability to make a global impact all while saving money and energy at the same time.
Reduce Energy and Water Consumption:
- Swap out incandescent light bulbs for LED lights. These lights have a longer lifespan, will reduce the electricity used, and will burn cooler.
- Use outdoor solar lights that are not only a beautiful touch to your landscape but may also deter thieves.
- Tune up your AC system each year to improve efficiency, as well as clean or replace filters monthly or as needed. Insulate and seal all ducts
… Read the rest